Thursday, December 28, 2006

Watching Paint Dry

You may be wondering what color I am wearing on my fingernails and toenails. Lincoln Park After Dark, OPI Chicago Collection. I am getting so bored of dark colors, I am thisclose to going light. Then I remember the time I wore a nice yellow and a girl whose name I've forgotten said it looked like jaundice. The girl was fat and ugly.

Yesterday after work I got a pedicure and manicure at Mini Spa (173 Ludlow St). No one has reviewed it on Citysearch. Here's my review.

The decor. Exposed brick wall, track lighting, hardwood floors. And amazingly, that is all. The only pink appears on their products, body washes and candles in scents involving blood orange and Japanese peony, neatly displayed on wood shelves. There are several pedicures and manicures to choose from, but I kept it simple with the $30 "Relax Pedicure" and $18 "Relax Manicure." They were done simultaneously by two girls. If you're Chinese/Korean/Japanese and don't like being asked if you're Chinese/Korean/Japanese, this might be the place for you.

I'd have preferred the pedicure and manicure done separately for a couple of reasons. One person snipping at my fingernail cuticles and another sanding my toes was not relaxing. I couldn't read my book, but I couldn't close my eyes and relax either. And waiting for the paint to dry, the most boring thing ever, was inefficient because there was only a fan for my fingernails and not toenails, which were completed second. However, the whole affair took almost two hours, so maybe I'm glad I had them done at once. And sixty dollars later, I try not to think about my $6 Clinton Street manicure last week. I give them a B-.

No comments: