Sunday, February 4, 2007


I blog because I am jet-lagged. It is 9:09 AM in San Francisco. I am visiting college friends Mr. Holdahl and Mr. Meinrath at their Purple Palace. Miss Pritchett and Mr. Schumann have flewn up from LA to join us.

Friday night. A glass of Cabernet in Twin Peaks. Dinner at Foreign Cinema (2534 Mission St at 22nd Street) in the Mission. Beef tartare. Lamb mixer. Lavender crème brûlée. $80. $2 PBRs at dive bar 500 Club (500 Guerrero St at 17th St). Saturday. Hot pressed sandwiches and pastries from Tartine (600 Guerrero St at 18th St) in the Dolores Park. Barbecue at the Purple Palace. Beef, beef, and beef.

I recently thought who am I kidding I love meat. Before flights I worry I will get hungry so before takeoff I devoured an A&W cheeseburger. Wish I'd gotten fries or their cheese curds, but. A while later. "Chou?" And a flight attendant hands me my "STRICT VEGETARIAN" meal. I must have signed up for it on Continental.com at some point. So I eat a veggie burger of light brown and peas and a vegan cookie. Because I'm a strict vegetarian.

Sunday. Mr. Holdahl is watching a trailer of a documentary about Helvetica and making those little noises he makes. They sound something like, "MM."


No comments: